Ground Crew Required
Looking for a job with a difference? Enjoy working outdoors? then this is the job for you!!
OUTBACK BALLOONING requires ground crew to assist with its Alice Springs based hot air balloon operations.
The position involves early morning starts (approx 2hrs before sunrise) but on the flip side, you also get to finish before lunch and have the rest of the day free. There is some physical activity, so a general level of fitness and enthusiasm is essential.
- Meet and greet passengers and act in a professional manner
- Operate vehicles safely and within the road rules especially on dirt roads
- Assist with setup and/or pack up of hot air balloons
- Cleaning and maintaining of vehicles and equipment
What we need from you
- Be people orientated, show initiative, enjoy watching the sun rise and working outdoors
- Be reliable, flexible, positive and a team player – no lone rangers
- Experience driving manual vehicles including 4WD towing long trailers is desirable
- A current Australian driver’s license, ideally with MR rating
Assistance is given with the training costs and relocation including H Endorsement, Medical Assessment and Police Check and HR licence.
Hours & Pay
Above award wages offered, casual and permanent positions available. Hours and number of days per week will vary subject to our operational requirements. Ballooning is a weather dependent activity. Must be able to work weekdays, weekends & public holidays.
Staff must be able to pass random drug and alcohol testing – Outback Ballooning operates under a CASA approved drug and alcohol management plan.
If this sounds like the position for you, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Subject: Attention Chief Pilot –Ground Crew 2023.